Head of Marketing
1 Year Contract
Reporting to: CEO
About Dean Davidson Design Inc.:
Dean Davidson is an internationally renowned Canadian jewelry designer who was honoured as the Canadian Arts & Fashion Awards 2019 Accessory Designer of the Year. We are a fast growing direct-to-consumer business, based in downtown Toronto, Canada, that can also be found in over 300 luxury boutiques and department stores across the globe.
We make high quality jewelry that become an instant classic and will stand the test of time. Our designs have recently been worn by Oprah, Jennifer Lopez, Meghan Markle and many more.
There are a lot of exciting things happening in our studio and we’re growing quickly. Working alongside the rest of the Dean Davidson Design team we are looking for someone who is a team player and has a passion for the fashion industry!
“Strikingly Chic - Vogue”
“Will stand the test of time” - Town & Country
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Head of Marketing will drive strategy, spend allocation across channels, experiment on new channels, and optimize growth marketing efforts for customer acquisition and retention goals. Lead a team of highly engaged digital marketing professionals.
- Lead Dean Davidson’s marketing efforts across all acquisition, retention and brand marketing, while defining and executing across a strategy that aligns with company-level strategic objectives.
- Own and manage marketing budget; including regularly reporting on performance and key KPIs to the CEO.
- Plan and execute a 360°, full-funnel approach to paid, owned and earned channels including, but not limited to, Paid Social, Paid Search, Display, Affiliate, SEO and CRM.
- Drive highly-efficient customer acquisition and retention efforts - both online and offline across ecommerce and wholesale
- Collaborate closely with the Creative Director to develop stand-out campaigns and out-of-the-box initiatives that drive brand affinity and hit key business objectives, while ensuring campaigns stay on budget.
- Manage the editorial and marketing calendar, including owned channels such as email, editorial content and social media, while driving growth and optimization of content channels.
- Execute and report on SEM, affiliate and paid social strategies while managing agency partners. Lead full-funnel testing and optimization programs in key channels.
- Support efforts to optimize tracking, reporting, and customer analytics, while highlighting learnings to inform future initiatives.
- Oversee top-of-funnel brand channels (organic social, editorial content, experiential initiatives, influencers marketing, etc.)
- Identify and execute partnerships and collaborations in line with company strategic objectives.
- Manage wholesale and international seasonal and ad-hock asset requests
What You Bring to the Table
- 8+ years of experience in integrated marketing, with a strong preference for direct branded e-commerce experience
- Degree in business, marketing or other analytical area
- Tangible, execution-oriented experience in digital marketing, including affiliate, paid social, email, and SEM
- Demonstrated managerial experience and track record of managing complex, cross-functional campaigns
- An analytical mindset and experience with Excel, Google Analytics and SEO practices - experience manipulating Business Intelligence Tool preferred.
- Extreme drive that is contagious, exceptional attention to detail, able to manage up with a high degree of autonomy and self-reliance.
- Stand-out organizational and prioritization skills with a data-driven, programmatic approach.
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves to take on nitty-gritty executional tasks that come with an early-stage company
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, with an integrated, omni-channel mindset and a deep understanding of current digital media landscape and trends.
- Summer Fridays (we close the office every other Friday in the summer!)
- Comprehensive benefits package and a healthcare spending account
- Professional development budget available
- Annual allowance for personal purchases and 50% friends and family discount
- A bright and comfortable work space with healthy and delicious snacks/drinks
- Work life balance is important to us! Our office hours are 10-6pm and we love getting together for monthly social events.
Location: We are located in Toronto’s trendy Corktown neighbourhood with easy access by transit and free on-site parking.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available upon request.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with subject line Head of Marketing. We look forward to hearing from you!